Author Topic: tune transcriptions  (Read 4317 times)

chrisroe

tune transcriptions
« on: March 18, 2014, 11:18:29 AM »
Hi Everybody,

I'm finally getting this into shape.  Here's a link to a webpage where you can find transcriptions for the tunes taught in 2014:

http://www.folkhosts.com/RocheHarbor/

Feel free to let me know if you have corrections - particularly for peoples' names.  I left off last names altogether, and guessed on at least one spelling.

On my computer at least, some of these were slow to load, but I was able to see them with patience.

Chris

Cathie Whitesides

Re: tune transcriptions
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 11:51:15 AM »
Hi Chris,

Thanks for these - I really appreciate your work and love having these. What a great week!
Love,
Cathie
ps. I'm going to Everett Monday Mar. 31. You and Jon want to come too?

janedoug

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 03:00:34 PM »
Thanks for these tune transcriptions! 

Waiting for spring in Montana and watching the news on the Oso landslide!  What a catastrophe!  People's lives lost and lives turned upside down...yikes, it did seem like a lot of rain...
Hugs all around! J&D

phillip

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 04:02:02 PM »
Hey Chris, thanks so much for the tune transcriptions. It's a laobr of love to do that, and we appreciate your work in doing it. It's nice to mention who taught the tune too. The Garrett's Wedding transcription (lovely tune!) shows some uncertainty as to who taught it.  That was taught by Doug, Montana flautisto extraordinaire.

Breigin

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 02:25:07 PM »
Hi Chris,

Thanks a million for posting all the tunes and it's so cool to see the Road to Ballymac posted!  Hope you are well lovely lady!

Breigin

chrisroe

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 10:14:59 AM »
Finally  got tune transcriptions posted to http://www.folkhosts.com/RocheHarbor/

It turns out they've been up for over a week, but due to my ignorance about clearing browser caches, I kept seeing last year's page.   

If you happen to notice an omission or mistake, let me know - it may take awhile to set things right, but I'll take note!
Chris

Dan Paulson

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2015, 10:25:26 AM »
Thanks again for all your great work Chris.  FYI, John McEvoy is the correct spelling.